Friday, December 5, 2008

Fasting- Day 3

So I found out that my adrenal glands aren't functioning like they should so I decided to do a cleansing fast to try and help my body get rid of toxins. Brett, being the wonderful husband that he is, offered to do it with me so I didn't have to go it alone. So starting Monday we did two days of nothing but raw fruits and veggies, then it changes to nothing but water and pure juices- we're on day 3 of that now. It actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I would be starving and weak all the time, but I haven't been. Today is Brett's last day, I'm going to try for two more days, then we have to go back to two more days of fruits and veggies before we can go back to normal food. I definitely have to say it heightens your sense of smell- I seem to be able to sense even the slightest trace of the scent of food- and everything smells good. I went in to work last night and they had some left over Subway sandwiches there. I love Subway. It was very hard to sit there and smell that food and not go eat it. But I kept myself in control. Brett has noticed the same heightened awareness. And Brett loves sugar cookies, so of course, yesterday one of the ladies at work brought in some sugar cookies. He said they looked so good, thick with lots of frosting. But he was strong and didn't give in either. It's actually been kinda fun to go through the fast with Brett- and it has sure made it a whole lot easier!! :)

No comments: