Okay, so I'm a blogging slacker, what can I say? I was chatting with Jami last night and one of the first things she said was, "You need to update your blog." So, here I am. (Thanks for the nudge Jami). :)
Life has been a whirlwind for us lately. Our daily routine consists of Brett leaving for work around 6:30, getting girls off to school around 7:30, keeping two very active boys entertained for a while, getting Kilee off the bus at 11, naps (if I'm lucky!), Trina getting home at 2:45, then trying to manage the handoff between Brett getting home (hopefully) around 3:45 and me leaving for work. So between life and, oh yea, my crazy idea of thinking I could handle 9 credits this semester (what was I thinking???), sometimes I forget to stop and breathe (and obviously my blog gets left in the dust...). :)
Brett has really been enjoying his job at the hospital, he has gained all sorts of nicknames, I think my favorite is Oz- because he knows so much. When he gets home he becomes Mr. Mom and takes care of the kids while I go to work. He does such a great job, the kids always look forward to Daddy coming home.
I just try to keep up with life as it comes. The kids keep me hopping and I have begun realizing lately just how short the time is going to be that I get to take care of them. I was sitting there thinking the other day and all of a sudden it hit me that if Trina moves out when she's 18, her time at home is already a 1/3 gone! I couldn't believe it. So I've been trying to get better at spending more time with my kids now while they still want me around and aren't embarrassed of me (yet). My college classes have kept me busy too, they weren't too difficult this semester, but trying to squeeze them into an already full schedule is always interesting. I have to give many thanks to my sister Shela for always watching my boys while I go to class though, she's the greatest. My sister-in-law Felicity has been helping out a lot too- I'm so grateful to have family around! Work has been really slow lately so I've been able to do some homework there and that has been a huge help. I was checking out eveyone's blogs last night (while I was supposed to be doing homework...) and I just love seeing all my old high school friends again- it makes me anxious for our 10 year reunion to hopefully see you all again!! :)
Trina is in 1st grade this year and doing great. She loves to read and do art of any kind, she is very creative. She is also tall for her age, she's got a good inch or two on most of the kids in her class. She & Kilee have been playing on a soccer team together and Trina has really started coming out of her shell when she's playing. She used to just follow everyone around, now she's actually getting a little more aggressive and going after the ball. It's been really fun to watch.
Kilee is in kindergarten and wishes that Snowflake was full day kindergarten so she could stay all day like Trina. She already reads amazingly well so I think she gets kinda bored in class sometimes, but so far hasn't gotten into too much trouble. She is my little hair dresser- she loves to do her hair and comes up with some very creative ways to do it too- and most of them actually look surprisingly good for her age. I don't know where that came from because she certainly didn't get it (or learn it!) from me!! Unlike Trina, she is not enjoying soccer. She is hilarious to watch though, the last game she was standing around and then started leaning over and watching what her shadow looked like while she was moving. Or she'll just talk to whoever is nearby. She was walking once and the ball came and hit her in the back of the feet and she just looked over her shoulder at it and walked the other way. Guess we'll have to work on the whole purpose of soccer.... :)
Odin is all about dinosaurs and Godzilla. He loves to walk around the house like he's a T-Rex. I need to video it and post it on here because it is hilarious to watch, he gets the two little claws out and everything. We let the kids watch Journey to the Center of the Earth and he wanted to watch the dinosaur part over and over and over and over... you get the picture. Brett said he actually cried one night when they turned it off because the dinosaur part was over. Go figure!
Ethan is just the cutest little boy ever (and that's not just my Mom bias coming through, I've been told that by countless people). He has a smile and laugh that is contagious and he's a little flirt so women love him and he says hi to everyone. I'm really going to be in trouble when he gets older! He just turned 2 (I'll have to post pictures from his birthday later, I don't have them with me right now.) He loves trains and cars and has recently been following in Odin's footsteps pretending to be T-Rex. Brett was working on his computer one night and Ethan came in walking like a T-Rex and bit Brett's pants (playfully, thankfully he knows the difference) and he looked at Brett and said, "Bite you!" and walked back out of the room. He keeps us laughing with all of his little antics.
So now that this post is about a mile long, I think I'll wind it up. I'd like to try to start posting once a week, but don't hold your breath!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad you updated us all! I was just about to call you to see if you were still alive!
Post a Comment