Two posts in one day, hard to believe, I know. Don't have a heart attack!
My dad was part of a crew they called the "Yellow Army". Donning yellow shirts that said Helping Hands they went and assisted those in Terre Haute whose homes were flooded recently. It was amazing to hear Dad talk about how special this experience was and how grateful these people were for their help. In a world where we hear so much of evil, it was nice to hear about the good things, and especially the good people, that are still out there! Dad's picture ended up on Mormon Times along on the article about their service (he's the one on the far right in the top picture).
http://www.mormontimes.com/MITN_newsmakers.php?id=1330
I'm so grateful to be a part of a church whose members are willing to offer such selfless service to better other people's lives. That's what it's all about isn't it?? :)
Thanks for being such great examples Dad and Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that sounds like your parents exactly. They are some of the nicest people I've ever met.
I know you dont know me but....just looking around some blogs (friends of friends) and I saw this...thought it was interesting. I am from ohio and I had some friends go over and help with this clean up. They had asked for people from our stake. We had a very nice letter read in our sacrament meeting yesterday about how much the whole community was really impressed with all the service and the amount of people that showed up. awesome. I love it! thanks to your parents too :)
Post a Comment