It's all about the candy at the parade!!
I had this perfect shot all lined up, with all my kids right in a row- it was perfect, I couldn't have lined them up better myself! And wouldn't you know it? My camera decided not to work at that very moment (of course!) and Ethan had decided that every time he saw me taking a picture he should run right up in front of me. So by the time my camera finally worked, this is the picture I took. What a cute little boy though huh? :) (He got into a fight with my mom's piano bench and lost, that's why he has a scrape on his nose and eye.)
So the first half of the fourth was fun, after the parade we went and visited my family and relaxed for a while, I walked down and talked to Tara for a little while, but I missed Rustin, he left a couple days earlier (sorry Rustin!). We took our kids to BK and drove around by Torry Lakes because we hadn't seen all the development out there. We tried to stop and play at the intermediate school play ground (the park was packed) but after about 2 minutes Odin had to use the little boys room so we went back to BK to use the bathroom and head home. About this time Kilee started complaining that her stomach hurt so on the way home we had her sit in the front with the A/C blowing on her. She fell asleep and we were just passing Bashas' in Taylor when she woke up and said, "I think I'm going to throw up." And with the reflexes only a mother could have at those words I grabbed the BK bag and caught it before it hit the car. We made it to the side of the road and got things cleaned up and made it home but she couldn't keep anything down for the next 4 or 5 hours. Odin started the same thing about 2 or 3 hours later, then Brett got it in the middle of the night. All in all, not the funnest of times! :P We were going to watch the fireworks on Saturday night in Taylor but everyone still wasn't up to par so we ended up going to bed early. Hopefully things will be better for the 24th celebration here in Snowflake!
1 comment:
I missed Show Low this year! Since my grandma died, there's not a lot of reason for me to go up there, but I still consider it home.
Post a Comment